Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Volcano!


Greg has been stuck in Manchester, England for 6 days now. Each day, they push his return back another day.
At first it was a bit exciting. Greg was in the middle of history. He was part of the huge news story around the world. Plus, he was part of a natural disaster that I find very cool.
After 2 days, it wasn't so fun any more. It's bringing me down. We were supposed to go on our first overseas vacation this week. We were going to visit our good friend, Brian, in Germany. I'd never been to Germany (outside of Ramstein AFB). We were also supposed to visit our good friends Tina and Randy in Atlanta on our way back from Germany. Both trips have now been cancelled.
Those are not what is getting me down. I really miss Greg. It's the not knowing when I'll see him again that is the hardest. If the volcano shoots off again, or if the bigger one next to it blows, it could be weeks before he's back. I don't think that could happen, but with each day that goes by, the possibility of Greg being gone for weeks becomes a bit more real.
It's been hard to find motivation to work out. I needed to get it together though. I have a triathlon and 1/2 marathon to train for! Today, I got in a workout I'm pretty proud of.
I hopped on my bike for a 45 minutes ride. It's my ride to Dundas and back. It's so pretty and the weather was perfect. Then, I put on my running shoes and hit the road for a 2 mile run. It was tough, but not as hard as I remembered it being after a bike. It gave me hope that I haven't screwed myself too much for this tri.
We'll see how the rest of the week goes. I hope to get into the pool tomorrow with a run through the arb right after. I need to workout for training, but also to make the pain of missing Greg lessen just a bit.

No comments: