Friday, April 15, 2011

It's been a long time...

Hello all my readers, who ever may still be out there. It's been over a year, but I'm back. I just didn't feel like I had a lot to write. But, now I have a triathlon and a 1/2 marathon to train for. Also, I just restarted my journey on Weight Watchers again. This could be a great time of change or an epic failure. We'll see how it goes.

Today, was 20 minutes of swimming and 25 minutes of running. I hadn't been in the pool for a long time. I really missed it. I love swimming, because it's one sport I've always been able to do. See, I'm not very athletic, nor very coordinated. I've never been good at sports. I think that's why I like the individual races so much. I don't have to compete with anyone but myself in these events.

The swim was good. However, 8 members of the Carleton swim team were there too. It helped me keep my face in the water, because I didn't want to see them snicker at my form in the pool (both types of form). I got 1,000 yds of swimming in during my 20 minute training period. That was about 200 yds further than I expected.

Then, I hit the gym for my 25 min run. I had to go to the gym, because the snow and sleet has returned to Minnesota today. UGH! The gym was busy, due to the sports teams needing to practice indoors today. I was running around that track with the Carelton baseball and softball teams practicing inside the track. I'm sure my flabby body was pure entertainment for them. I did it though! It was slow, but it's a start.

All in all, I think it was a pretty successful day today. I'm please with it. Now, on to a 30 minute run tomorrow before heading off to the wedding of my cousing Mike.

And so, the training begins again...

1 comment:

KK said...

Yay for you on all counts - getting ready for your races and blogging again. I'm negligent on both counts as well.

Keep it going... what's your streak right now? ;-)