Thursday, April 15, 2010

Running after a cold


You'd think I'd get a cold in Minnesota as the weather changes. Nope, I got a cold in hot and humid Mississippi! UGH!
This cold lingered and took my energy from me. I was exhausted and stuffy. This always seems to happen in mid training. I should prepare for being sick each time I get train for a race now.
Today was the first time in 5 days I was able to run. I couldn't wait to try out my lungs, and clear them out a bit. There was a lot going on at home though, so I needed to be prepared for a later day run.
We had day long work going on at our well. I was without water for 7+ hours. The guys needed access to my house, so I didn't fell like I could run off for 20-30 minutes. Then, the water was turned on. A quick call to Greg, and I was going to be off. I tried the water again, but no luck. I had to call the well guy back. After 45 more minutes the water was back on.
The sun was fading, and I didn't think I could go out there. Then, I heard a MOUSE running around in my basement ceiling. UGH!!! I was getting spun up. I needed a release. So, off on a run I went.
I decided to do just a 2 mile run. I tried to keep my pace up, which was a challenge in 15-20 kt winds. I ran it out, I was tired, but I felt so much better for having run.
Tomorrow was supposed to be a 3 mile run, but I'm taking back my swim/run day that I missed. We'll see how that all works tomorrow.

No comments: