Monday, April 5, 2010

30 minute Swim and 30 minute Run


I finally got back in the pool after almost 2 weeks. It's been far too long since I'd been to a pool. I was looking forward to it, but a bit nervous. How bad was this going to go? How many college kids would be at the pool?
It was a great swim. I completed 1500 meters. So much better than the 1400 2 weeks ago. I swam all but 50 meters as the crawl stroke. I gained a bit of my swimming confidence back. It felt good.
After the swim, it was off for a 30 minute run. I slipped my running shorts, a t-shirt and shoes on then hit the trail. The Carelton College Arboretum was calling my name. It's such a beautiful trail, with some pretty big hills to challenge me.
I forgot how much easier it was to run after a good swim. The 1/4 to 1/2 mile period it usually takes to get into my running grove just wasn't there. The run felt really, really good and almost easy. I was so excited! The hills were tough, but felt good.
The run was slow, but consistent. It just felt good. Have I already said that?

1 comment:

KK said...

OMG that trail is gorgeous! Do you realize how lucky you are to live up there (in the spring/summer)? Good job on the run/swim, Deeann. Stay strong. :)