Saturday, April 25, 2009

35 min Run

Today was a much cooler and cloudier day. It was in the 50s with a pretty good wind. That wasn't going to hold me back though.

Greg and I decided to head to the Carelton College Lower Arboretum for our run. When we arrived, we saw that there was a HUGE Ultimate Frisbee Tournament today. There were cars and college kids everywhere! Luckily, they were playing and not on the trails.

Greg and I were both pretty tired. It was tough to go, but we knew we'd feel better. So, after stretching out, we were off. Now, I say we, but those who know me know that exercising is a solo event for me. Greg has his own training plan to get into running, so we didn't do this together.

I his the trail and felt sluggish. It was tough to run. I was hungry, and didn't realize how hungry until 15 minutes in when I started to feel a bit light headed. I thought I'd run just a bit more to see if it was a passing thing. 5 minutes later, I realized it was a passing thing and I kept going.

What helped me keep going? Greg! He was just about 1/10th of a mile behind me. When I turned around, he did too, and I followed him for 15 minutes. It was great! How can you not be motivated by your husband?

He did amazingly well too! That's the furthest he's run in a long time. His plan this week had him walking 90 seconds, running 60 seconds, and repeating. It always seemed like his minute of running came at a big hill. It made me smile. I'm so proud of him!

No comments: